The Volunteer Center, Closing It's Doors
They were supposed to close down six months ago, but managed to stay afloat, until now. The Volunteer Center of North Central Florida will close it's doors on September 30th after 35 years of operation.Â The center is a link between volunteers and programs. The Director of the center says they just weren't able to find enough financial support to pay the bills. They say the loss will hit smaller agencies the hardest.
"Who it's going to effect are those agencies that do not have a high profile in our community. Agencies starting out without the the resources to advertise," says Pat Bellis, Director of The Volunteer Center.
People from United Way say they saw this coming. The United Way says they're no longer funding agencies, and would rather give the money directly to the programs.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- Books, Inc. and Book Lover's Cafe are Closing Their Doors
- Hawthorne's only bank closing its doors
- CHOICES Closing Their Doors
- Arbor House Expected to Close Doors After Catholic Charities Ends Contract
- Behind Closed Doors
- Shelter Officials Close Doors to Save Money
- :08 of Gainesville Closes Its Doors
- Final Act for Center Stage; Store Will Close Its Doors
- Cafe Gardens Closes Its Doors
- Local charity forced to close its doors