4th Annual Southeast Regional Firefighter Combat Challenge
About 300 firefighters came from all across the country to compete and promote personal fitness.
Firefighters dressed in full gear compete in a variety of events that mirror tasks they may have to perform on any given day on the job, like climbing towers, dragging hoses and moving simulated victims out of harm's way.
Gainesville firefighters Amanda James and Amanda Howard came in second place in the female tandem race, Meaning they'll be competing in the National Firefighter Combat Challenge which will be broadcast on ESPN.
The National Combat Challenge will take place in Las Vegas later in the year. If you'd like to help sponsor the two Amandas you can contact GFR.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Program Combats Growing Infectious Disease Problem
- Coming Together: 4th Annual Gator Charity Challenge
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Completes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Residents in Southeast Gainesville Vote "No" on Annexation
- Only Grocery Store in Southeast Gainesville To Close
- Prostitution Bust in Southeast Gainesville Leads to Four Arrests
- Southeast Gainesville Rape
- 351st Military Police Company Combat Support Deployment
- Soldier from Melrose dies in Combat in Afghanistan
- Teachers and Legislators Work to Find Ways to Combat Cyber Bullying