Alachua County Sheriff's deputies say the victim, 30 year old Tyrone Rochelle, was shot in the parking lot of the Meridian Behavioral Health Center on Southwest 13th Street in Gainesville.
So far deputies found shell casings but no gun.
Deputies say luckily in Alachua County they're not used to working many attempted murder cases.
"What kind of example are we setting for everyone else-- our kids, people seeing the news-- we need to find other ways to settle our disputes," said Alachua Co. Sheriff's Spokesperson Art Forgey.
The victim is expected to make a full recovery from his injuries. Deputies say the victim did give them information on the shooter. They say they think they know who they are looking for.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Attempted Murder
- Traffic Violation turned Attempted Murder
- Two Face Attempted Murder Charges In Brutal Beating Incident
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend
- Man Faces Attempted Murder Charge Over MySpace Dispute
- Attempted Murder-Suicide in Live Oak
- Bradford County Corrections Officer Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Attempted Murder Close to UF East Campus
- 14-year-old Charged with Attempted Murder
- Attempted Murder in Local Retirement Community