Sheriff Sadie Darnell made cutbacks in overtime, travel and training, and different programs.
Darnell had to cut her budget by 5%, but she says she is suppose to provide a service to the community and she couldn't do it if she had to reduce her budget by that much.
"Public safety is a fundamental service of government and because of the dynamics of our society I cannot work with a reduce budget and I don't intend too," says Sheriff Sadie Darnell.
Commissioners will hold a public hearing Wednesday where citizens can come and voice their concerns and comments.
- U.F. Board of Trustees Approve Budget Cuts
- U.F. Faculty Senate Fights Back Against Budget Cuts
- Alachua County School Budget Cut Outrage
- Parents Organize Against School Budget Cuts
- Parents Upset About State Cuts To Local School Budgets
- More School Budget Cuts
- Pre-K Budget Cuts
- U.F.'s Faculty Union President Responds To Looming Budget Cuts
- U.F. Budget Cuts Could Hurt Neighboring Businesses
- Teachers Fight Budget Cuts