Shooting at Arapahoe HS in Littleton just south of Denver; at least 2 shot.
Buyers Beware! Especially if you're in the market for electronics. They could seem harmless but be putting your family at great risks. Officials say they're seeing too many homes catch fire from faulty products like heaters and toasters.
When it comes to fans, lamps, kitchen appliances, extension cords, basically anything you plug in, officials are asking you to keep an eye out.
There's something called a U-L mark that brands products in a way that lets you know they're safe.
Officials say without that little mark, you could have a big problem.
Crandall says if the product hasn't been screened by a U-L lab, it's dangerous. She says imported products in particular aren't always screened by the lab. And if it hasn't been tested it means is hasn't met the safety standards. Ultimately, that means your appliance can either start a fire when you plug it in, or not work at all.
Officials say wether you're shopping at a dollar store, a flea market, or a franchise it's important that you're doing your part , and research the product. Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News.
- Boaters Beware! Lovable Beasts on the Move!
- Trouble-makers in Bars Beware!
- Buyer Beware- Auction on Gainesville's Superfund Site
- Used-Car Buyers Beware
- Car Prices Hit Record as Buyers Load Up on Options
- Home Buyers/Sellers In Tough Market
- Time to beware of bears in parts of Florida
- Speeders Beware
- Boaters Beware:
- Driver's Beware Roam Towing Is Still In Effect