Drug Bust at Ocala Bar
Almost a dozen people are facing various charges, after a drug bust at a bar in Ocala. It's a bar police have had their eye on for a while, and now after three months, police may finally be shutting the bar down.
Pet Boland used to work at Rondo's. He was an employee for almost two years, and happened to be there during the raid.
"There's never been a problem here. There's never been a complaint," says Boland.
But police say that's not true. They say this all started three months ago, when they got a complaint from a girl who claims she was drugged at Rondo's. Cops say they've had their eye on Rondo's ever since. They say cocaine and marijuana were being sold there and last night, they sent in two undercover decoys.
Police say the two underage decoys went in, purchased alcohol, then left the establishment with no problem. That's when cops say they were able to search the place. The bar owner, along with four other employees, were handcuffed and taken to jail. Three underage patrons were also arrested for being inside the bar. Rondo's has been in jeopardy of losing their liquor license before and police say it's a possibility, yet again.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- Drug Bust Worth 1 Million+
- Drug Bust in Subsidized Housing
- Drug Bust in Marion County
- Lengthy Investigation Nets Big Drug Bust
- DRUG BUST IN MARION COUNTY
- Record-breaking Drug Bust
- Cops Conduct Neighborhood Drug Bust In Levy County
- Putnam County Methamphetamine Drug Bust
- Drug Duo is Busted
- Triple Drug Bust in Gainesville Porter's Community