Local Soldier Killed in Iraq
Thorsen graduated from Chiefland High School in 2005 and spent two years in the Army.
His parents, Donald and Susan, remember him as wonderful son who loved outdoor sports.
He was engaged to his girlfriend of four years, Shana Gilbert.
Thorsen's father says he's waiting to hear when his son's body will return home.
The family plans to hold a viewing at Watson Funeral Home and a funeral at Pine Grove Baptist Church.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- On Anniversary of Attack in Iraq, Wounded Soldier Recalls Memory and Starting Life Anew
- Tombstone Display Remembers Soldiers Killed in War on Terror
- Soldier from Citra is Killed in Afghanistan
- Suicide Bomb Shootings Kill Nine in Northern Iraq
- 2 Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan IED Attack
- Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Buried in Panhandle
- Guardsmen Leave for Training, Prepare for Iraq
- Repairing Emotional Wounds: Going Back to Iraq
- Iraq War Veteran Getting A Home Makeover
- 10 Year Anniversary of Local Serviceman's Death in Iraq