Red Carpet Event
Tonight is the premiere of a documentary called 'Dance of My Heart'.Â It's the story of a legendary Ballet Master who now teaches his craft in North Central Florida.
There were more than 300 people in attendance at tonights premiere.Â A full house!
"I hope that people will look at the film and feel good about themselves," says film Director Roberto Acosta.
Before there was Baryshinikov, Cuban-born Choreographer Alberto Alonso put his stamp on the world of ballet.
Director Ricardo Acosta says his film is about Alonzo's fifty year relationship with his partner in dance and partner in life - his wife Sonya.
"It's about what I call passion and longevity.Â It's a love story," says Acosta.
The film was made at Santa Fe Community College. The 90-year-old Alonso brings a world of experience to the aspiring ballerinas of Santa Fe, andÂ Acosta says that's a main character in his film.
Acosta began the filmmaking process in November of 2006, with five full months of post production. 'Dance of My Heart' is a gift to a master with an incredible gift of his own.
There will be two showings of 'Dance of My Heart' on Saturday at 2 and 4 in the afternoon at the Santa Fe Community College Theatre.
Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News.
- Down the Red Carpet at Noche do Gala 2010
- Gator Aviators Celebrate A Victory During The National Red Bull Flugtag Event
- ESPN U College Football Awards Show: Red Carpet with Chris Price
- Gators Come Up Empty at College Football Awards, Get Quizzed on Red Carpet
- Palatka Red Light Cameras On
- Red Cross Opens Shelters for Storm Victims
- Red Cross Volunteers Still Reaching Out to Residents
- American Red Cross Seeking Donations For Victims of Hurricane Sandy
- Red Light Cameras Taken Out in Dunnellon
- The Red Cross Helping Victims of Typhoon Haiyan