Same Gender Classes
Teachers at Nature Coast Middle School say their job is easier because boys and girls learn differently. So they're able to gear their lesson plans and teaching methods towards boys and girls.
Last year we told you about the idea of same gender classes at Nature Coast. But it was too early to see if the method would actually improve test scores. Now the results are in. Principal Allison Hord says, "Our students average growth exceeded the state average growth in every grade level and every area and math. Sixth, seventh, and eighth." The enrollment at nature coast has also increased from 50 to 65 students.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
- Gender Gap in Schools
- Citizens Hope to Challenge Gender Identity Ordinance
- Gender Identity Charter Amendment
- Gainesville City Commissioners Set to Vote On Gender Identity Ordinance
- Same Sex Marriages Gain Equal Standing in the Eyes of Federal Government
- Supreme Court Weighs in on Same Sex Marriage
- Same Suspect in Two Fast Food Robberies
- New Sheriff's Office Allegations, Same Family
- A Gainesville Woman Wants To Keep The Same Name On Her License
- New Name, Same Mission..."The Dignity Project- Second Generation"