Second Rally at UF Draws Crowd
It's being called the taser gun heard around the world, and today several dozen students continued to sound off in protest against the tasing of fellow student, Andrew Meyer on Monday afternoon.
Plaza of the America's on University of Florida's campus was the site of the second protest. Close to a hundred students staged the sit-in. Speakers are asking that tasers be removed from college campuses nationwide. However, today people are questioning whether Meyer staged the event for publicity.
Student protester, Benjamin Dictor, says however, "...Whether or not they were is irrelevant, because the issue here is that even staged speech is entitled to be free speech."
Student speakers also asked that the incident not be forgotten --and it isn't likely to, tee-shirts saying "Don't Tase Me Bro" have already been made and are being sold on the internet.
By Stacey Samuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Longest-running Art Festival Continues to Draw Crowds
- Downtown Art Festival Draws Crowds
- Black Friday Opens Sales Earlier, Draws Crowds
- Gainesville Businesses Work to Draw in Crowds During Gator Away Games
- Craft festival draws a crowd
- Crowds Gather to Rally Against Standardized Tests
- Obama Campaign Draws Local Women to Rally
- Gator Basketball Returns Home to Crowd
- Crowds Pack Movie Theaters on Christmas Day to See New Releases
- Peanut Lovers Crowd Williston's Peanut Festival