Tough Times at High Springs PD
The cuts would have meant losing police officers from an already small staff.
But the High Springs City Commission is discussing not making the legislature's recommended budget cuts. To do so, all commissioners would have to vote for that.
"It seems as if they are willing to vote unanimously to override the legislature's cuts," said High Springs City Manager Jim Drumm.
The final city budget meeting is Thursday, September 6th. Then September 13th another meeting will be open for public comment.
As for Chief Kaminskas, his family has made arrangements to have a memorial service Tuesday, September 11th. The city manager will focus on finding someone to fill his large shoes sometime after the service.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- "Sign of the Times" in High Springs
- Teachers May Have A Tough Time Finding jobs
- City Of Gainesville Hosting Several Spring Time Events
- Support for Legalizing Marijuana at All-Time High
- Number of Florida Kids Who Qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch at an all time High
- Detour in High Springs Starting Monday April 14th
- High Springs Railroad Removal
- High Springs Police Department Investigations Continue, Some City Officials Disagree
- High Springs City Manager Defends Changes For Police Department
- Sexual Misconduct arrest in High Springs