Trial By Youtube
From concerts, movies, even news clips you can watch just about everything online. People are using cell phones or digital cameras to record and download clips to video sites. And with many hundreds of thousands of people watching the tasing video on the world wide web, some including the university's president say the judgement they draw from it is not fair. Calling it a "trial by youtube."
Bernie Machen, says, "It's only people who are viewing the short two minute clip on you tube, that feel impowered to make judge in jury decisions, without really a complete understanding of what happened."
Media experts say with the next ten years we'll see more news on sites like you tube. A lot of the online taser videos have been subpoena by investigators.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
- Man Arrested for YouTube Gang Recruitment
- Zimmerman Trial: Day One
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Two
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Reads Charge to Jurors
- Judge Denies Zimmerman Deffense Motion to Push Back Trial Date
- Case of Race: George Zimmerman Trial