UF Student Tazed at John Kerry Talk
During a question and answer session with John Kerry at the University of Florida it got a little heated.
One student, Andrew Meyer, got loud and police tried to control him. They ended up tazing him.
Police are charging Meyer with resisting arrest with violence and disturbing the peace. But UF Police are also investigating whether the officers were right to taze him.
The ordeal ended an otherwise peaceful talk with Senator Kerry. The Senator focused his discussion mostly on the war in Iraq.
Police say their internal investigation should take a few days. If the officers were found to have acted inappropriately, they will be disciplined. However, UF Police Spokesman Jeff Holcomb said he could not recall any past incident where UF officers were found to have misused a tazer.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- First Report Out on University Student Tazing
- John Kerry's Wife Checks into Hospital
- UF Students Back From Haiti Talk About Quake
- Pregnant Woman Tazed
- Deputies Taze Man After Causing Multiple Car Crash, Threatening Other Drivers
- Kerry Says He'll Answer Questions on Benghazi
- Senate Confirms Kerry Nomination For State Department
- President Obama Talks Easy Pleasey Lemon Squeezy With TV 20's David Snyder
- Clay Calvert Talks Freedom of the Press
- Duck Dynasty's Miss Kay Talks Faith, Family & Food