What Colors Do You Bleed? A Call Is Out to Gator Fans to Give Blood
Gator fans who bleed orange and blue for their favorite team are now being asked to give the gift of life by donating blood.
LifeSouth and the University of Florida are competing against Medic-Blood and the University of Tennessee to see which can recruit the most blood donors before Saturday's game.
LifeSouth will be accepting blood donations all week. Last year Tennessee fans won the competition by 120 pints.
Everyone who donates this year with LifeSouth gets a chance to win a 2008 Chevy Cobalt.
J.D. Pettyjohn, LifeSouth District Director says, "This year we're gonna' come out of the gate and do the best we can to beat them. we need to draw about 140 donors a day to beat them, Monday through Friday. I know it's going to be no problem for the Gainesville residents and students and we expect to win!."
Blood donors must be 17 years old and weigh at least 110 pounds. The competition ends on Friday.
By Stacey Samuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Gators Fans Come Out To Watch Annual Spring Football Game
- Scam Calls Hitting 352 Numbers - Have You Gotten This Call?
- What Does Dad Mean to You?
- The Affordable Care Act: What You Need To Know
- What were you doing ten years ago?
- Be Careful What Door You Knock On While Trick Or Treating
- Chimney Fires - What do You Need to Know?
- 50,000 Fans Expected To Turn Out For Gatornationals This Weekend
- Gatornational Fans Camping Out
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide