Alachua County Fair
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
In Alachua County, where else can you find forty five rides, dozens of animals, and lots goodies.... but the county fair.
Despite gloomy weather yesterday some people still came out and enjoyed themselves. Right now the fair is still located on Northeast 39th Avenue. But in two years, that location will change. Last year County Commissioners voted to buy property north of the airport and move the fairgrounds. But the manager of the fair says if you come out this year you'll have a good time. Irvan Covington says, "New rides from last year. we have the big roller coaster, which is the first time we've ever had a roller coaster. people are rally enjoying that."
The fair will be in town until next Sunday. About 25-thousand people are expected to participate in fair activities.
- Alachua County Youth Fair and Live Stock Show
- Alachua County Fair Numbers Up
- "Fair Fare" for Alachua County Fairgrounds
- Alachua County Fair Starts Friday
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Public Safety Fair
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- Alachua County Firefighters Protest Tentative County Budget
- Alachua County Resumes Search for New County Manager
- Alachua County Commission Makes Final Choice for County Manager
- Alachua County Resident Get's A Big Gift from the County