Big Car Crash
If you were on I-75 yesterday, you likely saw one of the largest accidents we've had in a while. AÂ 14 car pile-up injured at least five people and left quite a mess.
Emergency workers say the victims were transported to area hospitals, all with non-life threatening injuries. The collision involved a semi, a pest control truck, and twelve other vehicles. People involved in the accident say they're alive because they were wearing their seat belts.
"Cars are slamming on brakes. I don't know what happened. We couldn't brake in time. We hydro-planed and hit the car in front of us," says Brandon Moore.
The north and southbound lanes were shut down entirelyÂ for half an hour. Some drivers say they sat inÂ more than three hours of traffic.Â Then the southbound lanes were opened back up. The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- Woman Crashes Car Into Ocala Daycare
- Car Crash in Lake City
- Car Crash Claims Two Children's Lives
- Columbia County Fatal Car Crash
- Fatal Car Crash
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Weirsdale Man, 26, Dies In Car Crash
- Man Dies After Car Hydroplanes, Crashes Into Trees
- Man Dies After Car Flips Several Times, Crashes Into Trees
- Weirsdale Man Dies, After Crashing Car Into Tree