Big Car Crash
If you were on I-75 yesterday, you likely saw one of the largest accidents we've had in a while. AÂ 14 car pile-up injured at least five people and left quite a mess.
Emergency workers say the victims were transported to area hospitals, all with non-life threatening injuries. The collision involved a semi, a pest control truck, and twelve other vehicles. People involved in the accident say they're alive because they were wearing their seat belts.
"Cars are slamming on brakes. I don't know what happened. We couldn't brake in time. We hydro-planed and hit the car in front of us," says Brandon Moore.
The north and southbound lanes were shut down entirelyÂ for half an hour. Some drivers say they sat inÂ more than three hours of traffic.Â Then the southbound lanes were opened back up. The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- Woman Crashes Car Into Ocala Daycare
- Self-driving car driver died after crash in Williston, a first
- Investigators say Tesla car was speeding at time of crash
- Car crashes into home after driver has seizure in Belleview
- Car Crash in Lake City
- Car Crash Claims Two Children's Lives
- Residents Recovering After Four-Car Crash
- Possible Medical Emergency May Be Responsible For A One Car Crash In Ocala
- Fatal Car Crash in Marion County
- Single Car Crash In Levy County Kills Child, Injures 5 Others