Big Car Crash
If you were on I-75 yesterday, you likely saw one of the largest accidents we've had in a while. AÂ 14 car pile-up injured at least five people and left quite a mess.
Emergency workers say the victims were transported to area hospitals, all with non-life threatening injuries. The collision involved a semi, a pest control truck, and twelve other vehicles. People involved in the accident say they're alive because they were wearing their seat belts.
"Cars are slamming on brakes. I don't know what happened. We couldn't brake in time. We hydro-planed and hit the car in front of us," says Brandon Moore.
The north and southbound lanes were shut down entirelyÂ for half an hour. Some drivers say they sat inÂ more than three hours of traffic.Â Then the southbound lanes were opened back up. The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- Coach Killed in Car Crash is Remembered
- Teen Car Crash Survivors
- Domestic Dispute Leads to Car Crash
- High Speed Chase Ends With Car Crash
- Sheriff's Deputy One of Two Victims Injured in Series of Car Crashes
- Father Honors Memory of Son Killed in Car Crash
- Cattle Car Crash
- Two Crossing Guards Die in a Car Crash While Off Duty
- Mock Car Crashes at Local High School Makes Teens Emotional
- Local Dentist Died in Fatal Car Crash