Bus Back Up & Running
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Earlier this year County Commissioners decided to run fewer R-T-S buses along the route, because of budget cuts. But that ended up making a lot of riders angry.
Today after hearing from worried residents, commissioners voted unanimously to approve an amendment that would re-establish thirty five minute wait times during peak hours.
County Commissioner Rodney Long says it will cost 184-thousand dollars to restore the bus service. There will be one RTS bus on route seventy five all day and a three buses will run during peak hours. This schedule will last until september 30th 2008.
- School Bus System & Privatization Marion County
- Hit & Run Car Found
- More People Are Fighting Back Against High Gas Prices By Taking The Bus
- Business Owners & Doctors Are Welcoming Back Students
- Back to School Photos Past & Present
- The Debate Over Corporal Punishment.. This After The Indictment of NFL Running Back Adrian Peterson
- Car Runs Into School Bus
- Private School Bus Company Meets with Bus Drivers
- Child charged in bus fight rides same bus again
- 'Bus Roadeo' Tests Bus Drivers' Maneuvering Skills