Cyberbullying...it's bullying on the internet and kids can become victims or perpetrators of bullying online. Experts say it's old fashion bullying, but even worse.
Cyberbullying usually starts in late elementary school; 4th and 5th grade and peaks in middle school.
Cyberbullying is more anonymous than traditional bullying with no boundaries.
"What we know is that the effects are very serious, pathologically, emotionally, to the extent where we are seeing a new phenomenon called Cyber Cide where kids are killing themselves as a result of a pattern of cyber bullying," says Dr. Russell Sabella, Professor at Florida Gulf Coast University.
Dr. Sabella says one of the messages for parents is to educate themselves and talk to kids about it before it happens.
- Cyber-Bullying, UF Students Fight Back
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- Gas Prices Lower
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- Jerky Treats Harming Pets
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Prices of Dairy Products to Rise, Farmers Benefit