Cyberbullying...it's bullying on the internet and kids can become victims or perpetrators of bullying online. Experts say it's old fashion bullying, but even worse.
Cyberbullying usually starts in late elementary school; 4th and 5th grade and peaks in middle school.
Cyberbullying is more anonymous than traditional bullying with no boundaries.
"What we know is that the effects are very serious, pathologically, emotionally, to the extent where we are seeing a new phenomenon called Cyber Cide where kids are killing themselves as a result of a pattern of cyber bullying," says Dr. Russell Sabella, Professor at Florida Gulf Coast University.
Dr. Sabella says one of the messages for parents is to educate themselves and talk to kids about it before it happens.
- Cyber-Bullying, UF Students Fight Back
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- Gas Prices Lower
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- County Aiming to Hire more Local Businesses
- Buy Local Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
- West Nile Virus Found in Alachua County
- Man Travels Over 300 Miles For Sex
- City Commissioner Walks Through Archer Braid Trail