Deputy Still Rattled by Snake
He says it happened before he knew it in the tall grass behind the Alachua County Recycling Center off Waldo Road.
The snake drove its fangs right into the muscle in his leg. He was rushed to the hospital but doctors say it was one of the worst bites they had ever seen.
"In this line of work, there's certain types of physical harms you think about that come with the job. But nothing like this, ever. It kind of makes you ready for the unexpected," said Sims.
Doctors had to remove a large muscle in his leg. It could take a up to a year for Sims to be able to get back to work.
But when he does he says he'll be ready for anything!
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Update on Toddler Killed by Pet Snake
- Coroner Confirms Snake Killed Toddler
- Big Snake Ban
- Florida Python Hunt Opens with 11 Snakes Killed
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- Scott Still Undecided on Florida University Tuition
- Red Cross Volunteers Still Reaching Out to Residents
- Florida License Plates Still Need To Be Approved
- 100+ Still Stranded in Texas
- Still Searching For Cameron Lissimore's Killer