East Side Residents Rally At City Hall
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
After weeks of discussion, and months of studying, today could be judgement day for the Hatchet Creek Development Project.
City Commissioners are expecting a full house at tonight's meeting where a final decision may be made on the Hatchet Creek Project.
For some people who live in Gainesville this may just be another routine decision City Commissioners are making.
But for the nearly thirty people who are out here rallying, this decision could be the turning point for East Gainesville. They were rallying for change in their neighborhood.
The people at the rally stayed out there until six thirty and then they went inside meeting to hear the fate of the project.
- East Side Student Assistance hopes to send four kids to college
- Two dead in murder-suicide on Ocala's east side
- East Gainesville Initiative Will Host One- week Camp for East Gainesville Residents
- City sides with Utility Advisory Board on biomass plant
- UPDATE: City speaks about developing East Gainesville
- City and county provide free wi-fi to east Gainesville
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- Residents rally for Planned Parenthood
- New Residence Hall at Innovation Square to Fuel Entrepreneurship
- Residents outraged over timing of Ted Yoho's town hall meeting