We have been telling you about a string of robberies at jewelry stores in North Central Florida and now law enforcement officers are trying to put together a task force to catch these thieves.
Alachua County Sheriff Deputies say these burglars could belong to a gang that is hitting jewelry stores, now in four states.
Four of those burglaries were in Alachua County and now police believe a store in Belleview should be added to the list.
Alachua County Sheriff Deputies are working with detectives across the state and are working with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to try and put a task force together to try and catch these thieves.
Investigators say some individuals connected to the burglaries have bonded out and now they are trying to work with these bond agencies for information that could help with the case.
- Woman Steals $42K in Jewelry
- Jewelry Chase to Villages
- Local Jewelry Store Burgaries Linked To Others Around The State
- Armed Robbery at Ocala Jewelry Store
- Haile Plantation Jewelry Store Robbed at Gunpoint
- Authorities In Marion County Looking For Thieves Who Stole Car And Credit Cards
- Law Hopes To Deter Copper Thieves
- Thieves Busted After Pawning Stolen Goods
- Thieves Targeting Ford Trucks In Marion County
- Thieves Steal Christmas Gifts from Broward County Family