Joiner Charges Dropped
WCJB has learned that charges against University of FloridaÂ starting safety Tony Joiner have been dropped.Â Spencer Mann, spokesman for the State Attorney's office has this to say:Â Â Â "The state attorney's office has dropped completely the charges against Tony Joiner. The victim was contacted. The victim is adamant that he sustained no loss, no damage, and does not wish to pursue criminal charges. Based on this information, the state attorney's office cannot sustain a criminal charge.Â The responding law enforcement agency conducted a proper investigation and made appropriate decisions based on the facts they had at the time of the response."
Watson's Towing Owner Stan Forron via telephone told WCJB that he didn't think charges should have been brought to begin with and called the entire thing a "misunderstanding" and said it "all went a little bit overboard".
Joiner has started since the beginning of his junior year.
- Murder Charges Dropped
- Charges Dropped Against X-Box Boys
- Charges Dropped in Gainesville Toddler's Death
- Charges against Kornegay sisters may be dropped
- Former Alachua Co. Sheriff's Sergeant Charges Dropped
- State Attorney: charges dropped against Dunlap
- Charges Against Belleview Pastor Dropped
- Charges Dropped Against Accused Man
- Alachua County Charges Against Rapper Dropped... For Now
- Joiner Arrest Fair?