Local Help For Fires
A local Red Cross worker is on his way to California right now, to help with the wildfires.
Less thanÂ twenty-four hours ago, 27-year-old Ian Dyar got on a plane to head into the danger zone.
Dyer will be arriving in San Bernadino, California later this evening.
Dyer's boss says he'll most likely be helping out in shelters, and tending to people who need medical help.
"I'm not very familiar with California, butÂ I do know it's a pretty intense situation out there. Â A lot of people have been displaced," says Dyer.
The earliest day Dyer will return to Gainesville is November 15, and if need be, he says he'll stay longer.
The Red Cross says they're always looking for volunteers.Â There's a new-comer's meeting every first Monday of the month, held at the North Central Florida chapter of the Red Cross. Thalia Hayden, WCJBS TV20 News.
- Helping Homeowners Understand The Fire Assessment Fee
- Fire Assessment Fee Help
- "TXT 4 HELP" Program Aims to Help Teens in Crisis
- Help Center for Abused Women Needs Help
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Educates Residents On Fire Assessment Fees
- Former Fire Chief Under Fire
- Fire Rescue Budget Under Fire
- Four Dead Following House Fire , Fire Not The Cause of Deaths
- Car Fire Leads to House Fire
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment