Long time Gainesville Restaurant May Close
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Six months ago all the stores in one Southwest Gainesville shopping plaza got a notice saying they all had until October 31st to move. Now the stores in The Archer Square Shopping Center will soon be relocating-- making room for a commercial department store.
For a pizza and sub shop, it may be the end of the road. The restaurant Tony and Pat's" has been in Gainesville for thirty years. But the owners say expensive relocation costs may force Tony and Pat's to be a thing of the past. He says the combination of poor up keeping at archer square and the more than sixty restaurants on Archer Road has caused business to decrease twenty-five percent over the past two years. Tony Pulatewicz, says "Big business is just taking over. we're getting leveled so they can put up a Kohls. They could have given the place a facelift and clean up the shopping center. but i guess they can get more money from Kohls."
Pulatewicz says if he can get a loan he'd like to relocate the shop somewhere in Northeast Gainesville. Even though everyone in the plaza is supposed to be out by Wednesday, Tony and Pat's will officially close at its current location next Saturday.
- Gainesville Restaurant May Be Punished for Underage Drinking Violations
- After 82 Years, Gainesville Restaurant Will Close
- Sterilizing Flies in Low Oxygen Environments May Save Farmers Money in the Long Run
- One Newberry Food Pantry May Close...Another May Open...But Will People Go Hungry?
- Taylor Bean Closing Affects Area Restaurant
- Calico Jack's Restaurant Closed After Failing Inspection
- Ocala Regional Trauma Center May Close
- Gainesville Begins Identifying Priorities in Long-term Parks and Rec Plan
- Still A Long Recovery For One Gainesville Man
- One Class at a Time: Meet May Winner Antonia Brewster