Marion County Murder Suicide
A Marion County woman is in serious condition at Shands tonight, after deputies say she was shot in the face by her boyfriend. They say he then shot and killed himself in an apparent murder suicide. The woman's young son was the first to find his mother. Deputies say it happened last night after the couple's argument turned deadly.
They say 44-year-old Steven Bosworth shot his live-in girlfriend, 42-year-old Dawn Mcbride, in the face. The two started arguing late last night, right after Mcbride's 11-year-old son went to bed. Deputies say the boy woke up this morning to his mother in a pool of blood, in the fetal position. Mcbride then told her son to call 911.
"She told us that she had gotten into an argument with her boyfriend and he went to the back room and retrieved the weapon and came out and shot her, and shortly after took his own life," says Captain James Pogue of the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
"As far as personality her pretty much kept to himself. On occasion I'd see a couple of his friends on his Harley Davidson motorcycle. If I had to describe him in general I'd say normal. Just a normal quiet guy who just kept to himself."
Neighbors say they're in shock. They say the only thing they noticed that was out-of-the-ordinary, was that the house lights were on all night.
Police are still investigating the details. Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News.
- 8 Dead Including 6 Children in Gilchrist County Murder-Suicide
- Marion County Murder Suspect Captured
- Marion County Murder Suspect On The Loose
- Murder Suicide Investigation in Cross City
- Bizarre Murder/Suicide Premeditated?
- Apparent Murder-Suicide Kills 2
- Waldo Man Threatens to Commit Murder-Suicide
- Detectives Investigate Murder-Suicide
- Two Bodies Found Inside Apartment from Apparent Murder-Suicide
- Attempted Murder-Suicide in Live Oak