Sebastian's Parents Release Statement
They want to make sure their tragedy won't be repeated.
The parents of Sebastian Ferrero made their first public statement today, one day after Shands Hospitals admitted responsibility for giving the three year old a deadly overdose of arginine in a routine medical procedure.
The Ferrero family wrote this afternoon that Shands "conducted their investigation in an ethical and thorough manner"... And that Gainesville "deserves to have a state of the art free-standing children's hospital."
The family posted home videos of Sebastian on the internet. The Ferreros are now planning to establish a parents advocacy group to work with the health care system.
No criminal investigation is planned in Sebastian's death... Unless investigators find an gross negligence or an intent to harm.
- Zaxby's Fundraiser for Sebastian
- Judge: Zimmerman Statements Can Be Released
- Fla. Senate Revises 'Parent Trigger' Proposal
- It's National School Bus Safety Week But Some Parents Say Their Kid Aren't Safe
- Gators LB Morrison Released From Jail, Kava Lounge Releases Statement
- Divorced parents battle over son's life
- Parents Demonstrate For State Senators' Support
- Local parents react on the discovery of Somer Thompson's body
- Parents Reminded to Check Child's Safety Seat
- Pedophile "Monster's" Parents Kicked out of Scouts