Sebastian's Parents Release Statement
They want to make sure their tragedy won't be repeated.
The parents of Sebastian Ferrero made their first public statement today, one day after Shands Hospitals admitted responsibility for giving the three year old a deadly overdose of arginine in a routine medical procedure.
The Ferrero family wrote this afternoon that Shands "conducted their investigation in an ethical and thorough manner"... And that Gainesville "deserves to have a state of the art free-standing children's hospital."
The family posted home videos of Sebastian on the internet. The Ferreros are now planning to establish a parents advocacy group to work with the health care system.
No criminal investigation is planned in Sebastian's death... Unless investigators find an gross negligence or an intent to harm.
- Family of Levy County Shooter Releases Statement
- Accused Doctor releases video statement
- 7th annual 'Noche de Gala' prep underway
- Zaxby's Helps Raise Money For Alachua County Crime Stoppers
- Sebastian Ochsenius' Death... Exclusive Interview With Best Friend Tonight
- Murder Victim's Brother Turns Pain into Passion by Helping Others
- UF Shands Children's Hospital Opens New Entrance
- Treon Harris' Attorney Releases Statement
- Judge: Zimmerman Statements Can Be Released
- Fla. Senate Revises 'Parent Trigger' Proposal