Silvestri Takes The Stand In His Own Defense
For nearly two weeks he sat quietly at the defendant's table and listened to witnesses testify, but Thursday Frankie Silvestri finally told his side of the story, and Friday, he will find out his fate.
The 26-year-old Silvestri is charged with the March 2004 murder of University of Florida student Premal Dagly, but says he didn't do it.
During his testimony, Silvestri told jurors that he owed Dagly 550 dollars for drugs, and that Dagly came over on March 24, 2004 to collect the money.
Silvestri admits to punching Dagly while arguing with him, but says he didn't kill him.
"I punched him a couple of times in the face, I punched him a couple of body shots. At one point, I had grabbed him, and had swung him around, and threw him against the car," said Silvestri.
He says after beating up Dagly, he started to walk back towards his apartment when he saw his former co-defendant Daniel Pistorino come out of the shadows, reach into Dagly's car and murder him.
"I see Daniel Pistorino at that point, in the car, making a stabbing, arching motion, so I run back to the car and I open up the passenger side door," said Silvestri.
Silvestri said after the crime took place, he was so shocked that he just followed orders from Pistorino as they tried to ditch the body and destroy the evidence.
Pistorino is serving 20 years in prison for the crime, and jurors will decide Friday if Silvestri will join him behind bars.
By David Hamilton/WCJB TV 20 News
- Key Witness Takes The Stand in Silvestri Trial
- Senior Citizen Kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life
- Zimmerman Day 12: Defense Rests Without Him Taking Stand
- Son Charged With Murdering His Own Father, Police Investigating Motive
- Deputies: Man Burglarizes Five Homes On His Own Street
- 17 Month Old Tragically Drowns In His Own Backyard
- Zimmerman Trial: Self-Defense & Stand Your Ground Law
- College Basketball: Gators Defense Takes Stand, Efficient Offense Leads to 70-48 Win Over Georgia
- Women Taking Matters Into Their Own Hands
- Michael Bargo Takes the Stand in Trial