Taser Task Force Takes Off
The five faculty members and four students were appointed by University President Bernie Machen after University Police Officers tasered and arrested U.F. Student Andrew Meyer following a speech by U.S. Senator John Kerry on campus.
According to Committee Chairwoman Kim Tanzer, the members will not focus only on that incident, their main goal will be to make all future events safer and more civil.
"We have a lot of research ahead of us," Tanzer explained. "We'll be looking at a very complicated set of issues ranging from the United States Constitution, particularly the First and Fourth Ammendments, to the fine grain of how do we introduce speakers at future events and everything in-between."
The committee members voted to hold meetings in an open forum and make all documents public on the president's Web site. Machen gave the committee until the end of December to present their initial findings.
- President Obama Forms Task Force to Crack Down on College Sex Assaults
- Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- New Grant Funds ASO's Child Sexual Predator Task Force
- Black on Black Crime Task Force Meeting
- Gainesville Crime Task Force
- High Springs' Mayor's Economic Development Task Force
- Black on Black Crime Task Force
- Sheriff's Blue Ribbon Task Force Approved
- Task Force Keeping Tuscawilla Safe
- North Central Florida Wage Theft Task Force Holds Workshop