Tow Lot Owner: Arrest Unfair
Joiner was arrested early this morning after police say he tried to steal his girlfriend's car back from a tow yard.
He was released from jail on his own recognizance.
But even the tow truck operator thinks Joiner is being treated unfairly.
"I have never seen a person get arrested for stealing a car out of the yard. I've had them tear the gate down run through the fence and I don't ever remember them being arrested," said Watson's Towing Lot Owner Stan Forron.
Joiner's lawyer is cautiously optimistic the case will be dismissed or downgraded. He says the $76 tow fee has been paid.
Forron says that's all he wants.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Advantage Towing Owner Arrested for Stealing Scooters
- Owner: Marion Theater Fairing Well During Summer Months
- Police: Man Attempts To Retrieve Car By Breaking Into Tow Lot
- Store Owner Arrested For Selling Synthetic Marijuana
- Local Business Owner and Accomplice Arrested in Murder of Coworker
- Val-U Car Owner Arrested for Grand-Theft Auto
- Owners Of Haven Acres Farm Arrested
- Advantage Towing gets 10 citations for Illegal Towing
- Gainesville City Commissioners Consider New Roam Towing Regulations
- Triple-A Announces Free 'Tow to Go' Program for Cinco de Mayo