Wright Pleads Guilty
21-year-old Austin Wright has plead guilty to aggravated manslaughter in the death of a Gainesville Police officer. Lieutenant Corey Dahlem was killed this past April when he was hit by a car after the University of Florida men's basketball team won the national championship.
Wright appeared before a judge this afternoon at the Alachua County Courthouse for a case management meeting. During the meeting, Wright changed his original plea from not guilty to guilty. Dahlem's family was at the courthouse today, but did not want to comment on the plea.
Spencer Mann with the State Attorney's Office believes Wright changed his plea, because he couldn't argue against the evidence that the state planned to present in case. Wright will next appear in court on December 12th for sentencing.
- Wright Pleads Guilty
- Florida GOP Congressman Pleads Guilty to Cocaine Charge
- Local Man Pleads Guilty to Dino Smuggling
- Women Accused of Hawthorne Murder Plead Guilty
- Two Commissioners Plead Not Guilty to Bribery Charges
- Leo Boatman Pleads Guilty
- Kalisz Pleads Guilty in Shooting Death of Chad Reed
- Fout Pleads "Not Guilty"
- Ex Football Coach Pleads Not Guilty
- Aaron Hernandez Pleads Not Guilty for Assault