According to anonymous tips, the fraternity had their pledges perform jobs for the brothers-- like cleaning their rooms, being designated drivers at late hours of the night several times a week, and waking up pledges at late hours of the night to recite a phrase. If they couldn't they were taken into a mud pit.
Punishment depends on the result of the investigation.
"It really depends, it could run anything from a reprimand to to suspension.," says Steve Orlando with UF. "Of course right now they are on a temporary suspension, pending the outcome of the investigation."
The chapter has to cease all recruitment, pledging and initiation of members and must disengage from all group or individual activities and programs that have to do with the fraternity.
- FAMU Hazing Details Revealed
- Haze in the Air
- National Hazing Prevention Week
- Alpha Phi Alpha Hazing at UF
- Sworn Complaints Against Ten In UF Hazing Incident
- More Hazing Trouble at UF
- 2 Florida A&M Professors on Leave in Hazing Case
- FAMU Puts in New Rules in Wake of Hazing Death
- Prosecutors Opt for Hazing Charges in FAMU Case
- 2 More FAMU Hazing Death Defendants Arrested