Bikers on Parade
It's the largest and longest Veteran's Day Parade in the state, and it's taking place here in North Central Florida.
People lined the streets, while thousands of bikers rode seventeen miles, for a patriotic cause.
Bonnie and Ralph Cameron have spent the past seven years organizing bikers on parade. Last year they raised a total of $68,000 and their goal is to raise more than 70,000 this year.
Many of the riders say being a veteran and a biker is truly American, and they say they're riding for freedom.
It was certainly a sight to see. The Cameron's say they couldn't be happier with this year's turn-out. They also received one of the highest honors any city can give. Gainesville Mayor Pegeen Hanrahan presented the organizers of Bikers on Parade, a key to the city last night.
The mayor says she's only given the key to the city to six other people.
Tom Petty got the last one.
Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News.
- Gainesville Activites and Traffic Details - Art Fest, Bikers Parade
- Bikers on Parade Takes Its Last Ride
- Free Bike Repair Station Supports Gainesville Bikers
- Bikers Deliver an Early Christmas Surprise to Children in Ocala
- Bikers Roll Through The Streets Of Ocala To Deliver Toys For Children
- HOMECOMING PARADE
- Parade of Homes
- More Than 400 People Arrested At Gasparilla Parade
- Stars of the UF Homecoming Parade
- Gay Pride Parade in Gainesville