Fleet Management Garage Decision Postponed
Â Â Â Â A year-long debate over the city of Gainesville's hopes to expand their fleet management garage was supposed to come an end next Monday, but now the decision has been postponed.
Â Â Â Â The issue was supposed to be on Monday's City Commission meeting agenda, but was pulled for more discussion.
Â Â Â Â The Community Development Committee says the residents of the Stephen Foster neighborhood and city staffers still aren't seeing eye to eye.
Â Â Â Â They've asked both sides to prepare a list of their demands telling how far they are willing to bend.
Â Â Â Â "And then to exchange so that the options the city staff preferred, citizens would have a chance to critique, and likewise, for the options the neighborhood association representatives preferred," said City Commissioner Community Development Committee member Jack Donovan.
Â Â Â Â The residents claim the garage expansion will increase noise levels and lower their property values.
Â Â Â Â The Community Development Committee will discuss it again at their next meeting, but no date has been set yet.
By David Hamilton/WCJB TV 20 News
- Gainesville's Fleet Maintenance Garage & Public Works Materials Storage Facility Combine
- City Commissioners Narrow List Of Fleet Management Sites
- School District's Decision To Sue Postponed
- Plum Creek decision postponed until next week
- Alachua County postpones Plum Creek decision
- Citizen's Co-Op Manager Looks Forward, As Some Members Disgree With Recent Decisions
- Decisions, Decisions, Decisions
- State Postpones Execution of FHP Killer
- Casey Anthony Bankruptcy Hearing Postponed
- Ernest Wallace Hearing Postponed