Racial Tension In Bradford County
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
About a dozen sheriff's deputies were called out to Bradford County High SchoolÂ Thursday morning after a racially motivated fight broke out. Racial tensions are so high, all schools in Bradford County will be closed for tomorrow.
WCJB talked with parents and students who say everything started last week after a noose and tobacco spit was found on a student's car. Several Bradford County High School students tell us they're harassed every morning in the school's parking lot. This morning's fight led to one person being arrested and another being charged for hitting a staff member.
But students say all that could have been avoided if law enforcement and administrators would have only listened. One scared student, says "We went to the police, to our administrators and one of our administrators mr. woods, he told us to get out of his school. don't bring that in this school."
Classes are cancelled for tomorrow because school administrators and community leaders are going to meet and discuss racial unity.
- Group fights racial disparity
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- 15 People in Jail After Three Drug Busts
- Sports Overtime: High School Football Roundup
- Sports Overtime: High School Football Roundup- Week Three
- Union County Sheriff Laid to Rest
- Residents protest mining operation
- Alachua county weighs in on mining
- Hundreds speak out against phosphate mining
- High speed chase leads to manhunt