The Reichert House Expands
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Despite having a hard time getting funding, The Reichert House in Gainesville is expanding. Earlier this year the governor vetoed funding for the all boys after school center. But despite financial hardships, the center got an extreme home makeover.
A lack of funding caused after school mentors at The Reichert House to wait two years before they got a new building. But two years of fundraising and taking donations finally paid off. Tomorrow there will be a ribbon cutting for the new building.
There is office space for the staff which is something they've never had before. And there is also a room where the young men will record DVDs and movies. The director of the center says he's hoping to start welcoming students within the next two weeks.
- Largest Graduating Class at Reichert House Youth Academy
- Reichert House Employees Fired
- Reichert House Participants Put on a Horse Show at Madonna's Equestrian Academy
- Reichert House Receives Grant
- Reichert House Expansion
- Governor vetoes funding for Reichert House
- St. Francis House Expands Clearance Requirement
- Kristi House to Expand Services to Boys, Gay Youth
- Safety-Net Clinics Get Money To Expand Services
- County Health Department Receives Grant, Plans to Expand Hours