Scandal Hits Soccer League
40-year-old Priscilla Bellcase was arrested on Monday for embezzling money from the Big Sun Youth Soccer League's funds.Â Police began investigation in June after an employee noticed missing funds.
Now, Bob Miles, the coach of Ocala Lightning is afraid that people will hesitate to sponsor the league's teams now that the Big Sun name has been tarnished.
"It's in the back of their mind... they know that the league was rocked by an embezzlement scandel...a nd they kind of think twice about doing it."
Miles' team the Ocala Lightning was planning on going to the National Tournament in Hawaii and now he doesn't know if they will have enough money.
- Youth Soccer League Member Charged with Embezzlement
- Florida League of Cities Employees Beautify Gainesville Neighborhood
- Junior league members hope to raise $20,000
- League of Women Voters hold Candidates' forum
- Florida Could Soon Ban Internet Cafes in Wake of Scandal
- Sex Scandal Investigation at Police Dept.
- Fla. Education Chief Resigns Amid Grading Scandal
- South Florida Drug Scandal Causes FHSAA to Rethink Testing Policies
- A Look Into Sandusky Scandal Victims' Psychology
- Under 24/7 Scrutiny: Penn State Abuse Scandal