It's something you have to see to believe. A semi truck en route to Georgia was thrown off course, after getting stuck under an overpass.
"He's a trucker that had some bad luck," says Gainesville Police Department's Lt. Lonnie Scott.
52-year-old Peter Weimheimer was on his way to Goergia, when his trip came to a halt.
"We received a call from a trucker that had a load that was stuck up under the bridge,"says Scott.
Drivers on the road say they've been sitting in traffic for hours.
Traffic was backed up on Newberry Road, where it meets I-75, while workers were busy trying to unlatch the truck.
Police, Department Of Transportation workers, and the truck driver himself, experimented with different ways to un-wedge the semi.
"We had to try some different maneuvers, like letting the air out of the tires," says Scott.
More than two hours later, they found a way.
"The underpass is higher in one specific spot than the other. We measured it, we had the truck move back, re-negotiated it, and were able to get the vehicle out successfully," says Scott.
Police say the semi was carrying a piece of equipment called an evaporator, from Groveland to Georgia.
Police say the company didn't measure the bridge's lowest point correctly; AÂ mistake that the driver didn't want to talk about.
People from the truckers' company say since the overpass is slanted, it gave themÂ an incorrect measurement.
The Department of Transportation says there is some surface damage, but the overpass is still structurally sound.
Thankfully, no one was hurt.
Thalia HaydenÂ WCJB TV20 News.
- Washed Out Road Leaves Residents Stuck
- Tent City Residents May Be Stuck Finding New Homes
- Gator Hunters Stuck In The Mud
- Young horse recovering after getting stuck in 4 foot deep hole
- "Touch-A-Truck" Entertains Children and Families, Draws Assortment of Trucks
- Pick-Up Truck vs. Dump Truck
- Elderly NY Couple Dies in Stuck Car
- Riders Stuck on Roller Coaster in Tampa
- Dozen People Stuck On Universal Roller Coaster
- Two Men and A Truck Helps Moms of Domestic Abuse and Homelessness