Annual Craft Festival
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
It looked a lot like Christmas in The O'connell Center this weekend. About 10-thousand people came out for North Central Florida's largest indoor craft festival.
Besides sporting events, the annual craft festival has been The O'connell Center's biggest money maker for decades. The O-Dome banks about 20-thousand dollars from the event every year. And that means vendors are making a pretty penny too. But it's also leaving an impression on some first time shoppers. The festival had everything from baby creations to hand crafted jewelry and thousands of ornaments. Jeani Valter, says "I like it because, I'm from Miami where we have a lot of shopping. So this is helping me to do that. Which i can't do anywhere else here."
About three-hundred vendors came out to make some money this year. The craft festival will be back next year. But a little earlier, the festival will be during thanksgiving weekend.
- 57th Annual Florida Folk Festival
- 59th Annual Florida Folk Festival
- 24th Annual Fantasy Fundraising Event: Festival Brazil
- 48th Annual Cedar Key Arts Festival
- 28th Annual Windsor Zucchini Festival
- 28th Annual Art Festival at Thornebrook This Weekend
- 61st Annual Florida Folk Festival
- The 59th Annual Watermelon Festival in Chiefland
- Valentine's Day Craft Ideas
- Holiday and Special Event Craft Ideas with Dawn Girtman