DRUG BUST IN MARION COUNTY
It's called Operation D'eja Vu. It consists of two separate drug investigations originally thought to be unrelated that resulted in one big drug trafficking bust in Marion County.
It came to a halt in 2006 after that drug organization seemed to disappear.
In 2007, the Unifed Drug Enforcement Team or UDEST had the mexican drug trafficking organization back on it's radar.
It took two years to make the bust but law enforcement says it's a big one.
*Eight kilos of cocaine
*Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars in cash
*Twelve vehicles used to transport and hide drugs.
There were also several firearms and other types of drugs discovered at a house thought to be the base of the operaton right here in Marion County.
In 2005 law enforcement was onto the operation.
Major Terry Bovaird with the Marion County Sheriff's Office says,
"This is the absolute first time that we know that we had a group that actually went across the border purchased their drugs and then brought them back."
Police believe that there will be other arrests in relation to this drug organization. They also say Marion County was chosen probably for no reason in particular other than it's convenient location next to several major highways.
by Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News
- Drug Bust in Marion County
- Cops Conduct Neighborhood Drug Bust In Levy County
- Putnam County Methamphetamine Drug Bust
- Six People Arrested In Levy County Drug Bust
- Marion County Grow House Bust
- Swingers Club Busted in Marion County
- Pill Bust in Marion County
- Pot Bust in Marion County
- More than 50 People Arrested for Drugs in Marion County
- Drug Bust Worth 1 Million+