They pulled the plug on unlicensed contractors doing electrical work in Marion County. It's call Operation ACDC and it's the second sting of it's kind done this year by the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
Many of those arrested today tried to say that they weren't contractors but handymen. The officer who set up the appointment says she made it very clear that electrical and plumbing work would need to be done. Both of these are illegal without a permit.
Lt. Dennis McFatten with the Marion County Sheriff's Office says, "What happens is they go out and collect the money and the victims pay them first before they actually do the work, and then they never actually do the work."
In all, ten alleged illegal contractors were ambushed, cuffed, and taken to jail.
By Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News.
- Operation Rebuild
- Search For Missing Lake City Skydiver Turns Into Recovery Operation
- Operation Dry Spring
- Illegal Online Gambling stopped in "Operation Game Over"
- "Operation Dry Water" Cracks Down on Illegal Boating Activities
- Agents Raid Business for Operating Gambling House
- Operation Fall Classic Underway at Camp Blanding
- Operation CarePak Kicks Off at Santa Fe College
- Sante Fe's "Operation Carepak" Is Sending Love to Soldiers
- Operation: Spring Break