Stephen Foster Residents Want City Garage To Leave Their Neighborhood
They've been neighbors for 40 years, but still don't get along, and now residents of the Stephen Foster Neighborhood want the City of Gainesville's Fleet Management Garage to move somewhere else.
Representatives from the neighborhood spoke at the city's Community Development Committee meeting on Tuesday night.
For the last year, city staffers and residents have been arguing over the city's plan to expand the Fleet Management Garage that sits behind the neighborhood.
Residents say the expansion would increase noise levels and decrease their property values.
City officials have been willing to compromise by moving the garage to the other side of their property.
But at Tuesday's meeting, the residents said they want the entire facility to move elsewhere.
City Commissioners who make up the Community Development Committee say they'll consider the idea.
It will be discussed at the committee meeting next month, and then before the full commission on February 18th.
By David Hamilton/WCJB TV 20 News
- Gainesville's Fleet Maintenance Garage & Public Works Materials Storage Facility Combine
- Marion County Wants Foster Homes for Pets
- Residents Tired of Rush Hour Traffic Speeding Through Their Neighborhood
- October Jobs Report Leave Construction Workers Wanting More
- Washed Out Road Leaves Residents Stuck
- Tornado Tears Apart Homes In Lake City Neighborhood
- Florida League of Cities Employees Beautify Gainesville Neighborhood
- Cross-County, High-Speed Chase Leaves Residents Shaken
- No Public Transportation in Parts of Ocala...Leave Residents With No Choice
- RV Park Residents Forced to Leave Site