Bradford Sheriff's Race
Getting out into the community and reducing crime, those are just a few of the things on the to do list for some of the candidates running for Bradford County Sheriff...
Bradford County Sheriff Bob Milner is resigning and there are five candidates who want to fill his seat.
Last week, we introduced you to two of the Democrats running, Capt. Randall Zipperer and Starke Police Chief Gordon Smith.
Two of the Republicans running are Retired Lt. Michael Juliano and Clay County Lt. David Barnes.
Juliano has 25 years law enforcement experience, including supervisory positions, serving all over the state of Florida.
"The experience i have, i have a proven record of leadership and i really care about the people in this county," says Michael Juliano.
Born and raised in Bradford County, Barnes; who ran for sheriff four years ago; worked about eight years with the Bradford County Sheriff's Office.
he served 20 years in the military both active duty and with the national guard.
"With my law enforcement career i have had a chance to work just about every area of law enforcement you could work i have also been in a lot of leadership positions;" says David Barnes.
The candidates also say a Sheriff needs to be involved in his community.
"The sheriff needs to be accessible to the people, he is a senior law enforcement officer for the county and when folks have problems they need to be able to see him," says Barnes.
Juliano says once each quarter he is going to have a "Meet with the Sheriff Day."
"Any citizen within this county that would like to talk to me can sit with me face to face," says Juliano.
There is one other republican candidate running, J.J. Etheridge who works part time with the K-9 Unit at the Bradford County Sheriff's Office.
We were unable to reach him.
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Marks Sexual Predator Residences
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Arrests 10 In "Operation Spring Cleaning"
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Time Has Flown By For Sheriff's Chaplain
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Dan Kuhn to withdrawl from the Sheriff's race
- Union County Sheriff Laid to Rest