County Fights Amendment One
On Tuesday, Alachua County Commissioners, local city leaders, and a representative from the Florida League of cities rallied against the proposal.
But, as you may recall, Alachua County Commissioners are going one step farther. Last week they voted to spend more than twenty thousand dollars on mailers supporting the stance.
It's a move that's been met with many outraged emails from residents.
Commissioners rationalize the spending saying the thousands spent could help save millions lost if the proposal passes.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Marion County Citizens Fight to Get "Amendment 11" Passed
- Fight over proposed charter amendment heats up
- Charter Amendment One was Defeated. What does this mean for Gainesville's Businesses.
- Amendment One
- Amendment 11 Not Passed in Marion County
- Alachua County Discusses Charter Amendment Initiatives
- Marion County Amendment Results
- Before You Vote...Alachua County Charter Amendments Breakdown
- One Family's Fight Against AvMed Continues
- Fight With a Beer Bottle Puts One Man Behind Bars and Another in Critical Condition