Dog Saves Man
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
This morning, a Lake City man was asleep in his home, when his dog started barking and scratching at his bedroom door. He thought his dog wanted to outside, but as it turns out the dog really wanted him to go outside.
Earl Green says he never would have known that his house was on fire, if it wasn't for his german shepard. His dog actually alerted him about the fire before his smoke detectors went off.
Firefighters say an electrical fire started in the back of green's home and spread through the attic. Although the home didn't burn to the grown, firefighters say it's completely destroyed inside from smoke and water. The home had about 125-thousand dollars worth of damage. Green and his family were able to save pictures and some valuable items.
- Dogs Left Inside Car Saved By Samaritans & Officer
- UF Small Animal Hospital Saves Dog
- Anonymous Donor Helps Save Dogs Life
- Kid saved from Dog by Deputy
- Postal Worker Saves Dog's Life
- Dog Saves Woman's Life
- Firefighter Saves Family Dog
- Gator players hope to raise funds to save dog
- Man Charged With Murder After Another Man, Dog Found Stabbed to Death
- Two Local Men Save Man Who Drove Into Pond