By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Just about every officer working in Gainesville last night was called to the parking lot next to Club Decadence on Southwest 2nd Street. Police say someone fired several shots in The Club Decadence parking lot, in downtown Gainesville. The shots were fired into the air by a man who was celebrating the new year. But its been just two months since 22-year old Andrew Arosemena was murdered in the downtown parking garage, so they took the call very seriously. Lt. Will Halvosa says, "The primary call was the shots fired. that started a large response. a lot of our resources were tied up responding to that."
Halvosa says the night started with just two officers patroling downtown. But after getting calls that shots were fired, the night ended with twenty officers downtown. Two of the officers injured had minor injuries. And the third had a broke toe. And the man who fired the shots was given a citation.
- Airport Chaos Part Of Drill
- Courtroom Chaos Caught on Tape
- Trayvon Martin March Downtown Gainesville
- Three Men Gunned Down in Downtown Ocala, Man Believed to be Responsible in Custody
- Man Accused of Rape in Downtown Gainesville Being Held on a Five Million Dollar Bond
- Suspicious Bag Found Downtown
- Car Burglaries in Downtown Gainesville
- Downtown Countdown Cancelled
- DOWNTOWN FESTIVAL AND ART SHOW
- Downtown Ice Rinks Put On The Ice Because Of Increased Costs