Twenty two year old Rishi Ramgoolie was babysitting his five month old cousin Sanjana when police say he did something unthinkable.
Ramgoolie told investigators while he was babysitting the five month old she fell out of bed and hit her head.
The baby died from head injuries but investigators say they don't believe Ramgoolie's story. Major Chris Blair with the Marion county Sheriff's Office says, "I think that it's disturbing. I think that you would definitely see some remorse about the fact that we're dealing with the death of a five month old female."
Major Blair says," The medical examiners office, based on thier findings, the subjects statements are inconsistant with thier findings which what would cause the injuries. We believe the events he told us were certainly not the way the injuries occurred."
Ramgoolie is facing charges of first degree murder.
By Sarah Pusateri WCJB Tv 20 News.
Ramgoolie initially said the infant had fallen off a bed and hit her head but later said that he had accidently dropped her after he tripped.
- Putnam Co. Has A High Infant Mortality Rate
- Man Arrested in Infant Death
- City's First Home Invasion Threatened an Infant's Life
- Unsafe Sleeping Environments for Infants
- Gainesville Woman's Death Ruled Homicide
- Putnam County Robbery/Homicide
- Sleep Deprivation Leads to Vehicular Homicide and Caution for Truck Drivers
- Lake City Homicide
- Suwannee County Woman Charged with Vehicle Homicide
- Homicide Investigation in Keystone Area