Jimmie Williams Accountability
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Last night during an accountability summit, Gainesville's mayor and two city commissioners told an audience they didn't think the city's equal employment officer was going a good job. Tonight we talked with other city commissioners and a board member of The African American Accountability Alliance. To get a better idea about Jimmie Williams' performance.
While their opinions varied, they all agree something needs to change at the EEO office. Larry Mcdaniel is on The African American Accountability Alliance Board. And he agrees with Gainesville mayor Pegeen Hanrahan and city commissioners Scherwin Henry and Jeanna Mastrodicasa that Jimmie Williams isn't doing his job. But Mcdaniel thinks Williams responsibilities should be expanded.
Larry Mcdaniel says, "To include reviewing those folks who are in the community. who may have issues within the city of Gainesville."
Commissioners say Williams' contract can be terminated at anytime. We tried contacting William's but he didn't return our calls.
- TV 20's Bob William;s Honored for Community Service
- Senator Moves for More Election Accountability in the State
- Woman Claims Card Skimming Hit Her Financial Accounts
- Jimmy Jones III Signs to Play Baseball
- William Happ Executed for 1986 Murder, Issues Apology to Victim's Family
- William W. Irby III dies at 84
- Ocala's PJ Williams Wins Defensive MVP In FSU National Championship Win
- One Class at a Time: Meet March Winner Naomi Williams
- The "John Williams" Award
- Video Shows Zimmerman's Account of Deadly Fight