Re-Assignment of Gainesville City Employee Causes Quite The Stir
He's been the Athletics Supervisor for the City of Gainesville's Parks and Recreation Department for the past 17 years, but now Brian Shea is being moved into a different position, and that has dozens of residents and one city commissioner extremely upset.
City officials are re-shuffling the Recreation Department and have moved many employees, including Shea, who will now oversee the Teen Zone After School Program - but his seems to be the only one that is upsetting the public.
Dozens of residents, including the wife of U.F.'s Mens Basketball Coach Billy Donovan , have emailed City Manager Russ Blackburn saying they think Shea should get to stay in his current position.
A city spokesperson says Blackburn has a perfectly good explanation for the move, but City Commissioner Rick Bryant isn't buying it.
That's why at next Monday's City Commission meeting, Bryant plans to ask Blackburn and the Recreation Department's supervisor to give the commissioners a full report explaining the moves and what they hope to accomplish by making them.
By David Hamilton/WCJB TV 20 News
- Radical Display in Front of Gainesville Church Causing Stir
- Bike Racks Causing a Stir in Downtown High Springs
- Florida League of Cities Employees Beautify Gainesville Neighborhood
- Website Stirring Controversy Before City Elections
- 100 Nationwide Employees "take action" in Gainesville
- Gainesville Loses its Battle with Employee Unions
- Cause of Gainesville Apartment Fire Still Unknown
- Storm Causes Tree To Crash Roof of Northwest Gainesville Complex
- Hypnosis to Quit Smoking
- K-9 Quitting Time