Wesley Snipes Jury Selection
Wesley Snipes entered the court room in all smiles and left the same way. During the jury selection process ,however, it was a different story.
Snipes tried in the past to unsuccessfully to get his trial moved from Ocala claiming that the city is racist. Of the 37 jurors present in court, none appeared to be African American.
Judge William Terrell Hodges asked the potential jury several questions. One of those questions was whether the fact that Wesley Snipes is an African American would affect anyone's decision and whether the jury felt that African Americans committed more crime than other ethnic groups. One person said yes.
If convicted, Snipes faces up to 16 years in prison.
by Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News.
- Jury Selection Begins on Murder Trial of Michelle Herndon
- Jury Selection Continues In John Couey Case
- Jury Selection Underway in Webcam Spying Case
- Jury Selection in Hudson Family Murder Trial
- Jury Selection Continues In Murder Trial
- Aventura Jury Selection
- Jury Selection Begins In Sandusky Trial
- Snipes Sentenced for Tax Evasion
- Snipes Not Guilty
- Snipes Says Ocala Racist