Commissioners Want To Explore Development
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Dozens of people were at the Alachua County commission meeting to voice their opinion about a proposed development near Paynes Prairie. All four commissioners present at Tuesday's meeting voted to send the proposal to the state, to hear what Tallahassee thinks about the idea.
The recommendation from Alachua County staffers was to deny the proposed development that would bring new condos and town-homes on one of the current driving ranges at The Gainesville Golf and Country Club.
Although county commissioners voted unanimously to further explore the proposal they say they still have mixed feelings.
The proposal now goes to the department of community affairs in Tallahassee. They have 60 days to review the proposal and give their recommendations. Then from there the plan will come back to commissioners and they'll decide if changes need to be made. If it gets final approval from commissioners, it still faces the zoning board.
- Alachua City Commissioners Explore Biomass Options
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- College Students Explore Career Options in Science
- Commission Explores Selling Jail
- The City Of Gainesville Exploring A Street Car System
- Explorer Program Helps Children Go Into Law Enforcement
- 2 UF Students Die While Exploring Caves
- Local Farmers Exploring Uses of Kenaf
- Your Health: New Research Explores the Link Between Periodontal Disease and Diabetes
- Hippodrome Theatre Explores Holiday Art